Metrikus is developing the next-generation technologies that will change how buildings connect and interact with information. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond just the simple act of retrieving data from a sensor. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence; the list goes on and is growing every day.
As a software engineer, you will work on many different projects helping our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward. This role will be focussed on backend, but there will be opportunities to work on the frontend if desired.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Writing code for the new Metrikus V4 application on the backend
- Adding new functionality to the Metrikus API to help users run their business
- When required, assist in the maintenance of existing metrikus technology
- Build tools for exploring data from multiple sources in a single, easy to use, portal
- Aid design and implementation of the Metrikus API
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle
- Strong knowledge of CS concepts and object-oriented languages
- Experience working with databases and data infrastructure
- Experience with Python, especially developing APIs
- Exposure to API Design, CRUD and RESTful services is desirable
- Excited at the thought of working in a dynamic startup environment
- 3+ years experience
- Degree in Computer Science or similar
It is our stated policy to treat all workers and job applicants equally and fairly irrespective of their sex, marital status, civil partnership status, trans-gender status, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, national origin, culture, religion, age, or disability.
The principles of non-discrimination and equality of opportunity also apply to the way in which staff treat colleagues, visitors, clients, customers, suppliers and former staff members.