Metrikus is looking for a Database/DevOps Engineer to join our DevOps team. There will be tasks across the stack with a focus on improving and maintaining our databases. We work with a collection of different databases primarily in SQL. If you enjoy working with and improving a complex set of issues then you would be the ideal candidate. We are constantly challenged to deliver best in class solutions for our customers and are looking for someone to continue to grow with our dynamic team.
- Accountable for infrastructure architecture and working with the development team to define and implement cloud infrastructure
- Defining and implementing DevOps best practices
- Deploy, automate, maintain and manage our production and development infrastructure. These will include deployments across multiple platforms such as AWS and GCP.
- Have hands-on involvement with solution development including build and configuration
- Upgrade, tune and improve our SQL queries, function, tables, views and stored procedures
- Assist with schema design and code review
- Transform and migrate data when required
- Prior experience with database development and administration
- Excellent SQL skills and experience with databases such as PostgreSQL
- Experience with at least one of the major cloud vendors
- Proactive, analytical approach to problem solving, with strong attention to detail
- Optionally, some experience with Kafka
- Excited at the thought of working in a dynamic startup environment
- 3+ years experience
- Degree in Computer Science or similar
It is our stated policy to treat all workers and job applicants equally and fairly irrespective of their sex, marital status, civil partnership status, trans-gender status, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, national origin, culture, religion, age, or disability.
The principles of non-discrimination and equality of opportunity also apply to the way in which staff treat colleagues, visitors, clients, customers, suppliers and former staff members.