Skip to content
Introducing... the Metrikus API

Introducing the Metrikus API – here to generate a wave of innovation in workplace technology

We’re very excited to be launching something that we’ve been working on for a while… our very own API. 

The first step on an exciting new path, launching the API is an opportunity for us to work more collaboratively with companies in the market – coming together to build game-changing workplace solutions for end customers.

We’ve already had a lot of questions about the API, so here’s a quick blog post diving into what we’re doing, who it’s for, and why we think (know) it’s going to be a game changer.

Why are we launching an API?

Aggregating building data is hard. It’s often siloed, hidden or tangled up with other data that we don’t actually need. And all the time and money that's wasted sifting through messy data could be used solving actual problems.

We’ve spent the past eight years figuring out how to turn data chaos into data clarity. So now we’ve got it sussed, we want to take that pain away for our partners.

With our API, you have the flexibility to do whatever you want with building data. No more debates over which systems to integrate with, or how to spend your developers’ time.

Building a brand new app? Looking to level up your current workplace offering? Want to bolster your value to consulting clients? The options are quite literally endless once you’ve got access to a single point of aggregated and normalized data.

What can you do with our API?

As we’ve already mentioned, there are lots of different ways you can use our API. But for the purposes of this blog post, we’ve picked out the top three use cases.

1. For developing

Right now, developers are spending way too much time setting up new integrations, aggregating data and making sense of all of it.

With our API, developers get access to data that’s already been aggregated, normalized and contextualized for them. And this means they have more time to focus on the big stuff –  creating the best possible experience for their users.

2. For consulting

A lot of consultants are wasting their billable hours on low-value tasks like manual data acquisition.

Using our API, they can access aggregated building data to elevate their analysis and advice, bolstering their value to clients and helping them to stand out from their competitors.

3. For analyzing

Data analysts are wasting 80% of their time finding, cleaning and organizing data – leaving only 20% for actual analysis.

With Metrikus, they can spend all of their time analyzing aggregated data, drawing meaningful conclusions and making data-driven decisions.

What are the benefits of using the API?

1. Access the building data you need, all in one place

You can’t get much value from building data when it's stuck in different workplace systems. With the Metrikus API, you’ll get access to a single point of aggregated building data.

2. Avoid the hassle of integrating new data sources

It’s a big time drain and effort for you to research, assess, and set up new data integrations. Let us handle all that for you, so you can focus on developing your application.

3. Query data quickly and efficiently, regardless of format

We normalize building data so you don’t have to. It’s super quick and easy for you to query whatever aggregated data you need, regardless of the format or data source it came from.  

4. Turn your data into useful information 

Context is everything – especially when it comes to your building. Our API gives you access to meaningful information in a clear data model so that you can make better sense of it.

5. Benefit from a straightforward developer experience

You’ll never be left in the dark when you’re using our API. Our developer portal gives you access to comprehensive documentation to help you get the most out of your building data.

6. Worry less with our trusted authentication process

Data security is a top priority for us. Whenever a user makes a data request via our APIs, they go through our trusted authentication and authorization process.

Are you ready?

So, as you can probably tell, we’re very excited for the launch of our new platform and API. 

It’s time for a new wave of innovation in workplace tech, and our API is here to drive this change – helping companies to spend less time on integrations and more time on what matters.

Are you ready to get involved? Sign up now to get early access to our API.


Book a demo

Book a demo